Friends of Waterfront Seattle videos
A pleasure to replay the stories we recorded in mid-September in our popup booth at Pike Place Market, the Salmon Homecoming Festival, and right on a waterfront trail at Olympic Sculpture Park. The goal: to use stories to help Friends of Waterfront Seattle make the central waterfront a public mixing ground where all communities can share cultural, recreational, and civic experiences in a beautiful environment.
We asked people questions such as:
- I love the waterfront because…
- What do the Seattle waterfront and Elliot Bay mean to you?
- What’s your earliest memory of the waterfront?
- Tell us about the sights, sounds, and smells of Seattle’s waterfront
Here are a few of the stories we recorded…
1) Salmon Homecoming: great place for my kids
2) Greeted every morning by nature
3) Good ol’ public process that would create a waterfront for all
4) This is home, we love it!
5) I made my very first doll out of kelp
6) We love the smell of seaweed
7) I love the water because it is life, and it’s peaceful out there on a canoe”
8) Startup community: Seattle has inspired me
9) One of the most beautiful places that I know of
10) One of the most heartwarming things I’ve seen down here